The Portman Marylebone Summer Street Party
The Portman Marylebone Summer Street Party is coming to New Quebec Street and Seymour Place for an event with live music, food, drinks and entertainment for all ages, on Thursday 6 July, from 5pm to 10pm.
Both streets will be pedestrianised for the duration of the event and transformed in line with this year’s theme, ‘urban garden’.
Entry to the event is free and there is a jam-packed schedule of things to see, eat and do.
The London Perspective recommends:
- The make your own terrarium workshop by renowned florist James Bernard Floristry
- Sampling a host of cocktails and dishes (pintxos, pizza) from local restaurants Bernardi’s, Lurra and The Mae Deli – The first concept deli from blogging sensation Deliciously Ella.
- Taking advantage of promotions in a host of boutiques, including beachwear designer Paolita and interiors design shop, Eliska
- Attending GAIL’s Artisan Bakery garden party.
- New Quebec Street, butcher and grill Boxcar – the latest arrival to the street – will be serving up a summer BBQ, whilst fine wine purveyor Philglas and Swiggot will host wine tasting competitions.
Places on the terrarium workshop will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis, so guests are encouraged to arrive early to avoid disappointment. For more information, visit www.portmanmarylebone.com.
Schedule of activities
New Quebec Street
- Beauty Rose Hair and Beauty Professionals: Hair accessorising and nibbles for visitors
- Boxcar: Summer BBQ
- Eliska (interiors): ‘urban garden’ interiors, PIMM’s and soft drinks, ‘urban garden’ tasters
- La Petite Poissonnerie: Oysters and champagne, sashimi platters
- Paolita: Cocktails and drinks and 15% off all current collections
- Philglas & Swiggot: Wine tasting competitions (rosé, prosecco and champagne)
- Bernardi’s: Serving Gigli (white veal ragu & mascarpone) and Casarecce (buffalo ricotta, lemon, mint and courgette), alongside cocktails including the Belsazar and Verdini
- GAIL’s Artisan Bakery: Garden party for families, and a selection of freshly baked treats
- The Carpenters Arms: Complimentary tasters of new drinks
- Lemongrass: Promotion on 15-minute massage at exclusive price of £10, beauty products and Lemongrass tea
- Lurra: Serving Galician beef pintxo and Txakoli sung cocktails
- SANDY’s: Serving slices of Corsican pizza
- The Gate: serving buffalo mozzarella with wild garlic and heritage tomatoes, MediterrAsian salad, vegan burgers, peanut butter millionaire shortbread and homemade lemonade
- The Mae Deli: Serving a selection of dishes
- The Portman: Hook-a-duck competitions, summer BBQ, Mamoo ice cream trolley, veggie sticks and dipping sauce and watermelon on sticks. Serving beers and punch
- Vinoteca: Porchetta (slow cooked pork) sandwich and a glass of cinsaut on tap for £10. Prosecco and wine also available by the glass